16 Signs You’re In The Presence Of An Empath
1. They find happiness through healing
Empaths are willing to help others at any given moment, as they basically achieve happiness through healing and helping others, whether it is offering advice or giving a hand of any kind.
2. They are often told they`re“too sensitive” or “too emotional.”
Empaths simply aren’t “too” this or that. What others people describe as over-feeling is something normal for the empaths.
3. They really dislike being lied to
While no one likes to be lied to, empaths simply cannot stand it! We can notice this every time we are in their presence.
4. Negative images directly affect them
Empaths are quite sensitive to negativity and “unfeeling” a negative image is something they cannot do, whether it is a story of violence in the newspaper or something negative on the TV.
5. They feel overwhelmed by crowds
Given that empaths tend to absorb everyone`s emotions and energies, the fact that they are overwhelmed by crowds doesn’t come as surprise.
6. They react differently to stimulants and medications
Any beverage, stimulant or medication that contain caffeine makes empaths anxious to greater extent compared to the rest of us. Therefore, they are recommended to avoid such drinks and prescription medications.
7. They are great friends
If you were looking for a true and meaningful friendship, look no further! Empaths are extremely honest and loyal people, virtues that make them great friends.
8. They know what you are going through because they are going through it with you
Empaths have a strong bond with the people they hold dear, so anything you their close ones go through is deeply felt by them.
9. They have a special bond with animals
Empaths have a special bond with animals and look at them as family members.
10. They are usually tired, exhausted, and worn out
Absorbing other people`s emotions and vibe often leaves empaths feeling mentally exhausted and worn out.
11. If you ask for their advice, please take it
Empaths tend to put themselves in other`s shoes and always deliver a genuine advice. Interestingly, literally every time they tell you the same thing you consider right at the given moment.
12. They become distracted rather easily
Empaths become distracted very easily due to their increased sensitivity to objects and people around them.
13. They hate narcissism
Empaths are capable of spotting a narcissist miles away and staying away from them at any cost!
14. They are excellent listeners
As mentioned in the very beginning, empaths are excellent listeners, always willing to deliver a genuine advice and be there when needed.
15. Electronics act up around them
Phones, cars stall, phones and literally anything with a current or charge deeply affects empaths.
16. They are extremely sensitive to certain sounds
Loud noises, bright lights as well as certain textures and fabrics annoy empaths!